Friday, November 21, 2008

still #1... come on, DECEMBER.

OK, so I found out today that there probably won't be any new referrals until December (which is only a week and a half away). Agitu (the agency founder) is going to Ethiopia and she will be assisting in giving referrals while she is over there.
I was hoping to be able to tell the everyone all about our referral at Thanksgiving, but I think I will have to wait until Christmas now... that's ok, though. I am only a little disappointed.
I trust what my adoptive friend Sheryl told me (I am not "religious"(whatever that means), but I truly believe the words she told me). She told me that "God will give us the right child. The one that is planned for us. Everyone who is supposed to be at the dinner table will be there. "
Even as I type that, I am thinking of the son we lost. Apparently he was not supposed to be at our dinner table. His soul belonged to someone else, somewhere else.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey Holly
This will be the longest week and a half!!! Next thanksgiving our little ones will be sitting at the table!
Dawn

Sheryl said...

Holly,

Yep, next year you guys will have a bigger table with your new little one! Can't wait for you guys to hear/see who she is! Hopefully, you will hear soon after Agitu gets there! What a great Christmas present!

Sheryl

Jenny said...

Holly,

I've been 'lurking' your site, hoping you got your referral early! Are you keeping busy?

Lisa Smith-Batchen said...

Hi Holly

Thank you so much for information on your aunt. What an amazing women.
I to have 2 adopted daughters:)
God is good
Lisa

TSEN said...

It will come soon! Agitu and Angela are great! Keep your chin up and your spirits high. Oh, and shopping doesn't hurt. :)

Sarah